Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric. Along with curcumin, there are two other important curcuminoids in turmeric. Dr Mercola Curcumin for Pets contains all three. How might your pet potentially benefit from Curcumin?
- Support for a normal immune response
- Increased protection from free radical damage
- Support for normal healthy digestion and gut defence
- Support for a normal inflammatory response
- Support for comfortable, flexible movement
One of the biggest challenges with curcumin in humans and dogs and cats is its poor absorption and bioavailability. Curcumin tends to be unstable at intestinal pH levels and is quickly eliminated from the body. Dr Mercola use advanced technology to enhance the bioavailability of Curcumin for Pets. MicroActive(R) technology creates micro-particles of curcumin that helps protect the fragile, active nutrients until they reach the absorption site. And it provides “sustained release” of nutrients over time so your pet may benefit from more efficient absorption.