- Antibacterial and antiseptic first-aid treatment for minor skin abrasions
- Fights bacteria, fungal infections, parasites, and viruses
- Relieves acne, athlete’s foot, and skin inflammation associated with eczema or dermatitis
- Convenient disinfectant spray for the locker room, gym, swimming pool, or other public facility
- Acts as a natural herbal insect repellant
Traditionally used by the Aboriginal people of Australia, the leaves of the Tea Tree (Melaleuca alternifolia) plant have been shown to help heal wounds, infections, and a wide range of skin conditions. European settlers learned how to use the tea tree leaves to extract the oil, using it to treat cuts, abrasions, burns, insect bites, and other skin conditions.
Tea tree oil contains over 100 plant chemicals, including terpenin-4-ol, its main active antimicrobial compound. It fights against microbes and bacteria by damaging the cell membrane, disrupting the proteins within them and rendering them unable to proliferate and cause disease. Tea tree has also shown antiseptic and antifungal activity, and may help against yeast infections as well. Unlike antibiotics, tea tree oil does not contribute to antibiotic resistance.
Natural Factors Tea Tree Spray combines antimicrobial tea tree oil with peppermint and menthol to soothe, freshen, and kill odour-causing bacteria. It is derived from 100% pure tea tree oil and is safely and gently obtained through steam distillation and contains no less than 30% terpinen-4-ol for powerful antiseptic and healing action. The travel-size spray is perfect for packing, whether to the gym, on a hike, or a longer camping trip for convenient on-the-go first aid.
Natural Factors produce supplements from ingredients grown on their own certified-organic farms, which support many aspects of health and well-being.