- Supports digestive health by encouraging the growth of friendly bacteria
- Helps maintain gastrointestinal balance
- Supports optimal digestion and absorption
What is Swanson Probiotics L. Reuteri Plus?
We all need ‘good bacteria’ in our bodies, without it we are vulnerable to a range of infections, pathogens and viruses. Not to mention the possibility of increased digestive complaints; diarrhea, bloating, gas, among others.
But how do they work, and should we really be putting more of them into our bodies? They are bacteria after all…
The good news is that yes, supplementing your body’s probiotic flora (the bacteria cultures that live in your intestinal mucus) is a good idea. You won’t make yourself sick by developing these flora, quite the opposite, you’ll help promote better GI health.
- Offers complete GI protection, from ‘top to bottom’
- One of nature’s most prevalent probiotics
- ‘Good Bacteria’
It’s important that we all maintain a healthy balance of these bacteria in our bodies so that they can help perform simple roles in our guts such as producing lactic acid or dispelling unwanted microorganisms.
In the case of Swanson Probiotics L. Reuteri Plus, the help on offer is comprehensive. Initially identified by the German microbiologist Gerhard Reuter (hence the name) in the 1960s, Lactobacillus reuteri is actually one of the most vitally prevalent and naturally occurring among all mammals and birds on earth.
What is Swanson Probiotics L. Reuteri Plus used for?
There are a number of factors that make Swanson Probiotics L. Reuteri Plus so unique. First, there is what it does for you:
- As a major lactic acid producing genera of bacteria, it is vital to the digestive process.
Then, of course, there is how it works:
- Each capsule contains an extraordinary 5 billion tiny bacterial defenders of your GI health
- Contains a generous supply of two other majorly beneficial probiotics, L. rhamnosus and L. acidophilus
- Bringing you a broad spectrum, balanced probiotic support that you simply can’t get from a single strain supplement.
- By adding 200 mg of NutraFlora, a short-chain fructooligosaccharide and natural prebiotic fibre. Its short-chain structure that actually feeds the bacteria in your GI tract to make them more potent and prevalent.
- 7 billion viable organisms from three fantastic strains of bacteria
All of this coupled with the fact that Swanson Probiotics L. Reuteri Plus is encased in an enteric, designed-release vegetable capsule which protects the probiotic through the stomach acids. Acids that normally cause the degradation and destruction of the bacteria before they ever get the chance to do you any good.